Professional Assignment 1 – CLO 3
Two Contemporary Companies’ Use of Crowdsourcing: Threadless and Challenge Post on Page 77 Answer:
1. Why is Threadless so successful?
2. What competitive advantages do they have over comparable design ﬁrms using traditional strategies for product design?
3. What is the logic of crowdsourcing and why has it caught on in so many areas and for so many applications?
4. What are some potential traps and limitations of crowdsourcing efforts?
5. Identify at least two other businesses, or business functions, that you think could achieve breakthrough gains via the use of crowdsourcing.
Document your citations throughout the text of a 4 – 6 page paper; APA is the accepted format for all Westcliff University classes. Your papers must include an introduction and a clear thesis, several body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Top papers demonstrate a solid understanding of the material and critical thinking.
Discussion Question 1 – Applied Concepts (AC) – Week/Course Learning Outcomes
Using your textbook, LIRN-based research, and the Internet, apply the learning outcomes for the week/course and lecture concepts to one of the following scenarios:
As applied to your current professional career
As applied to enhancing, improving, or advancing your current professional career
As applied to a management, leadership, or any decision-making position
As applied to a current or future entrepreneurial endeavor
Using your textbook, LIRN-based research, and the Internet, apply the learning outcomes for the week/course and lecture concepts to a business organization that exhibits and demonstrates these concepts. You should develop a summary of the organization’s strategy and how they use these concepts to compete.
This is a learning and application exercise designed to give you an opportunity to apply concepts learned in a pragmatic and meaningful way that will enable you to gain valuable and relevant knowledge in an effort to augment your skill set and enhance your professional careers.