Wilson is a 36-year-old migrant worker. He was admitted to the Hospital with a cough, unintended weight loss, and night sweats. He is staying with 6 friends in a one bedroom apartment near the strawberry field where he works. The ED physician suspects Tuberculosis (TB).
- 1. What diagnostic testing will the Provider order to confirm a diagnosis of TB?
- 2. What Isolation precautions do you expect to be put in place and why?
- 3. Describe the recommended treatment regimen for TB, including the rationale for combination drug therapy.
- 4. Identify the reason compliance to medication therapy is often a concern in the patient with TB.
- 5. What should be done for Wilson’s 6 roommates?
The post Tuberculosis appeared first on MBA Nursing Papers.