· Your typewritten paper should be approximately 2,000 words (+/- 500 words); this number does not include the title, abstract, and reference pages. Please include the word count in the title page.
· The paper will require an APA title, Abstract, and reference page (Not included in the total pages required).
· The paper must be double-spaced, with 1.0-inch margins, in Times New Roman, 12-point type size, font.
· Your paper must draw from a minimum of 10 sources, which must be cited correctly in the text and be documented correctly in the reference page. These sources should be articles from academic journals or books published by an academic press, or other credible sources (NO Wikipedia, Huffington Post, Washington Post, CNN). Your textbook may be used as a source but does not count towards the 5 that are required.
· Do not include theses or dissertations as references. References and in-text citations must be in APA format.
· You need to write your paper in a professional manner. You should review it for grammar and mechanics errors. If you need any additional assistance with your paper, you may make an appointment with FIU’s Center for Excellence in Writing for tutorial services. Be sure to do so in advance as spots fill quickly. The link for more information is: https://writingcenter.fiu.edu/make-an-appointment/
· Assume that I lack any knowledge on your topic.
· The capstone paper should include five sections: Introduction, Review of Previous Research, Policy Effectiveness, Recommendation(s), and Conclusion.
· Your paper is subject to review for text comparison by Turnitin.com, a plagiarism detection service. Any papers that yield a higher percentage (typically above 20%) will be investigated thoroughly. Please refer to the syllabus regarding penalties and disciplinary actions that may result from plagiarism. When in doubt, cite!