- Course Text: Hope and Healing: A Caregiver’s Guide to Helping Young Children Affected by Trauma
- Section 3, “Helping Children Exposed to Trauma” (pp.17–37)
- Course Text: Concepts for Care: 20 Essays on Infant/Toddler Development and Learning
- “Socialization and Guidance with Infants and Toddlers” by Janis Keyser (pp.101–104)
- “Respectful Teaching with Infants and Toddlers” by Mary Jane Maguire-Fong (pp.117–122)
- Course Text: Building Strong Foundations: Practical Guidance for Promoting the Social-Emotional Development of Infants and Toddlers
- Pages 12–22 (Read from “Practical Strategies for Promoting Infant Mental Health”)
- Appendix A, “Leadership Dilemmas: What Would You Do?” (p. 23)
- Web Article: Australian Association for Infant Mental Health Inc. (2004). Controlled crying (Position Paper 1). Retrieved from http://www.aaimhi.org/inewsfiles/controlled_crying.pdf
- Web Article: Australian Association for Infant Mental Health Inc. (2006). Responding to babies’ cues (Position Paper 2). Retrieved from http://www.aaimhi.org/inewsfiles/Position Paper 2.pdf
- Web Article: The Infant Mental Health Promotion Project. (2005). Core prevention and intervention for the early years. Retrieved from http://www.sickkids.ca/pdfs/IMP/11751-CorePrevention.pdf
- Web Document: Murray, A. (2007). Infant mental health: A primer of strategies. Retrieved from http://www.kaimh.org/Websites/kaimh/images/Documents/Infant_Mental_Health_Primer.pdf
- Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2–3 paragraphs in length.
- Use MS Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all three questions in one Word document.
- Copy and paste each question within the document, so that your Instructor can see which question you are responding to.
- Nurturing relationships between caring adults and children have the power to heal troubled lives” (Rice & Groves, 2005, p. 18). Based on pages 18–19 of Hope and Healing: A Caregiver’s Guide to Helping Young Children Affected by Trauma and the essay “Respectful Teaching with Infants and Toddlers” from Concepts for Care, identify three strategies that can be used by child development professionals to develop nurturing relationships between adults and children. How can each of the practices you identified contribute to children’s development of resiliency?
- Appropriate guidance and socialization strategies support the healthy mental development of all young children. Based on the essay “Socialization and Guidance with Infants and Toddlers” from Concepts for Care and pages 19–23 of Hope and Healing, explain, using examples, how attention to developing and fostering healthy interactions within a respectful environment can both cultivate infant/toddler mental health and foster resilience.
- Although children may unfortunately experience many different kinds of trauma, behavioral signs and symptoms of trauma are fairly consistent across children. Strategies supporting the development and learning needs of children who have been traumatized require quality, individualized caring and learning experiences that are in tune with each child’s unique emotional needs (Rice & Groves, 2005). Review pages 24–3 7 of Hope and Healing. Identify and explain two teaching strategies that meet the development and learning needs of all children, including those who are most needy, and two adaptations, or special considerations, that child development professionals may need to be mindful of with children who have been traumatized.
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
learning needs was first posted on October 26, 2019 at 12:57 pm.
©2019 "Convenient Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org