Literacy Methods & Materials
FICTION/NONFICTION LESSON PLAN
Lesson plan day one will be Fiction
Lesson plan day tow will be fiction
Lesson plan day three will be non-Fiction
1: AREA OF FOCUS________________________
ASSIGNMENT: Research the Georgia State Standards for Language arts/ Reading and the content area of your choice. Choose one fiction and one nonfiction literature book that you can use to teach reading and writing. These books should be related in some way. Utilizing both of these books write 3 sequential lesson plans “integrating” these two books utilizing the attached lesson plan format. Your lesson plans should focus on teaching each of the areas listed below:
___Writing (narrative, descriptive, persuasive, exploratory, journal, and essay
___ Reading/Vocabulary: Interpretation and the use of literary elements.
___Content reading/Comprehension: How to use reading and writing to learn
(You must specify which lesson plan is what area and utilize both books in each of the lessons)
Title of Lesson/ AREA OF FOCUS:_______________________________________
Be creative, yet convey the emphasis/purpose of the lesson.
APA CITATION FOR FICTION BOOK
BRIEF SUMMARY OF FICTION BOOK
APA CITATION FOR NONFICTION BOOK
BRIEF SUMMARY OF NONFICTION BOOK
Number of students
Introduction to Lesson
Modifications or Accommodations for students’ individual needs
Summarize or restate
Early Childhood Program Planning Commentary
Directions: Respond to each prompt below.
Central Focus and Targets/Learning Objectives
1.Describe the central focus and purpose for the content you will teach in this lesson
2.Given the central focus, describe how the standards and objectives address requisite skills
3. Explain how your plans build on each other to help students make connections.
Knowledge of Students
4. What do students know and what can they do?
5. What do you know about your students’ everyday experiences, cultural backgrounds and practices and interests?
6. Describe and justify your instructional strategies and planned supports for whole class and students with specific learning needs.
7. Identify one language function essential for students to learn within your central focus.
8. Identify a key learning task from your plans that provides students with opportunities to practice using the language function.
9. How do your planned formal and informal assessments provide evidence that students can demonstrate their learning?
10. Explain how the planned assessments allows students with specific needs to demonstrate their learning?
11. Given the language function and learning task, describe the associated language demands (written or oral) students need to understand and/or use.
12. Describe how your planned formal and informal assessments will provide direct evidence that students can demonstrate their learning. Explain how the design or adaptation of your planned assessments allows students with specific needs to demonstrate their learning.
What technology did you use in this lesson and how did the use of technology in this lesson impact student learning?
Originally approved by the Council of Deans, April 22, 2008
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
language function was first posted on October 24, 2019 at 12:35 pm.
©2019 "Convenient Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com