Occupational Interview and Observation Paper
Interview/observe an individual to determine his/her occupational performance/functioning. Students should gather information regarding occupational history, performance in significant areas of occupation, patterns of daily living (daily routine, habits, roles), Interests, values and needs (if existing).
For an adult, identify the stressors in his/her life, the influences of aging on the individual, and the degree of autonomy and independence.
For a child, identify the developmental milestones and occupational activities that the child is working on for mastery. Depict the family dynamics, important role of family/child dynamic, and wellbeing of the family structure.
Some possible questions to include in the interview are, but not limited to:
For child/adult may include (these are written for child, please adapt wording for parents):
· Can you describe a typical day in your life?
· What are your main occupation today? What where they in the past?
· What roles do you carry out today? (family, professional, in the community…)
· Can you tell me a little about your school and you as a student / your job and you as a worker?
· Are you involved with any social communities? Could you tell me about it?
· What do you like to do in your free time?
· What are the things you are interested in? Why?
· Do you have any hobbies?
· What are the things that are most important to you in your life (values)?
· Can you identify any stressors that are affecting you at this time of your life?
· How do you feel that your age has an impact on your daily life?
· Is there anything that could be better in your life?
· What are the things you find most challenging and most rewarding today?
In 6 pages or less, address all the following sections, and use them as headers:
· Introduction and Occupational History: description of the person, including relevant background, important developmental milestones and occupational history. Do not use real names, and state that you have changed/modified the name for privacy. Include a conclusion that summarizes main points or themes discovered in the paper in this section. (20 pts.)
· Occupational Profile: summary of main finding from interview and observation according to guidelines including: performance in significant areas of occupation, performance patterns (daily routine, habits, roles), significant client factors (values, beliefs), and needs (if existing) (30 pts.)
· Theoretical analysis: relate the person’s responses, occupational profile, or health condition to at least two theoretical models or AJOT journal articles (20 pts.). You are encouraged to seek the advice of the library to locate appropriate resources.
· Reflection: what have you learned from this interview and how would you apply it in your work as an occupational therapist? (10 pts.)
· APA Format: in APA 6th Edition style (10 pts.)
· Professional Writing: Proper spelling and grammar, use of professional language and style (10 pts.).
You are encouraged to seek the support of the writing center to perfect your writing and enhance your written effectiveness. Provide an APA cover page & reference page (not counted towards 6 page maximum).
|Introduction and Occupational History||· State purpose of the paper
· Provide description of the person, including relevant background, important developmental milestones and occupational history
· Provide conclusion at end of the section that summarizes main findings in paper.
|Occupational Profile||· Provide summary of main finding from interview and observation according to guidelines including performance in significant areas of occupation, performance patterns (daily routine, habits, roles), significant client factors (values, beliefs) and needs.||/30|
|Theoretical analysis||· Use of at least two theoretical models or AJOT journal articles to explain the person’s responses, occupational profile, and/or health condition.||/20|
|Reflection||· Lessons learned from this interview and application to OT work.||/10|
|APA Format||· APA 6th Edition style.||/10|
|Professional Writing||· Proper spelling and grammar, use of professional language and style; fluent sentences.||/10|
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Interview/observe an individual to determine his/her occupational performance/functioning. appeared first on Health Term Papers.