Conduct a literature search for varied types of credible, peer-reviewed scholarly publications which may include journal articles, book chapters, white papers; government publications or sources such as credible professional nursing and healthcare organizations. Prepare a powerpoint slide presentation which concisely addresses key points in items one through five below as they apply to your chosen cultural group. Include a title slide which names the chosen culture, and a reference slide with only selected key citations cited in the slide presentation.
Required Content for Powerpoint Presentation
- What are the appropriate interdisciplinary interventions for hereditary, genetic, and endemic diseases and high-risk health behaviors within this culture?
- What are the influences of value systems in this culture on childbearing and bereavement practices?
- What are the sources of strength, spirituality, and magico- religious beliefs associated with health and health care within this culture?
- What are the healthcare practices for this culture such as acute versus preventive care, barriers to healthcare, the meaning of pain and the sick role; and traditional folk medicine practices?
- What are cultural issues related to learning styles, autonomy, and preparation of educational content for this culture?
- Format: APA 6th ed. citation format.
- Research: A minimum of five scholarly reference citations is required.
The post Hispanics/Mexicans – appeared first on MBA Nursing Papers.