Evidence-Based Project Implementation Issues
Before, during, and after implementation of your DNP Project, or any evidence-based project, it is critical to pay attention to various social, political, technological, and/or financial considerations. Using this framework, you can identify, analyze, and address issues that may affect the implementation of the project.
For this Discussion, you evaluate considerations that may promote or impede successful implementation of your DNP Project or another evidence-based project. As you do so, bear in mind that the specific factors are likely to differ from project to project and may vary given the timing and context in which a project is implemented. During this Discussion, you also evaluate variances between activities, standards and guidelines, and what is considered “best practice” in relation to the project.
- Consider the issues you have noticed while implementing the intervention and/or gathering data for your DNP Project or another evidence-based project. Bring to mind Dr. Mauk’s comments on social, political, technological, and/or financial considerations in the Weeks 2 and 3 media program. Reflect on how these considerations have, or may, affect your implementation.
- Think about any unexpected developments that arose (or may arise) during the implementation phase of your evidence-based project. What was the root cause of each development and its effect on your project?
- Return to the literature and note any variances between your activities, relevant standards and guidelines, and what is considered “best practice.”
- Evaluate your original plan for developing and implementing your DNP project (regardless of where you are in the process right now) or another evidence-based project. What, if anything, would you change in order to improve the process, quality of data, etc.?
By tomorrow Tuesday June 4, 2019 write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least three scholarly references. Include the level one header as numbered below:
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Describe one or more significant issues related to the implementation of and data gathering for an evidence-based project.
2) Assess the cause and meaning of each issue for your evidence-based project. If applicable, describe how the issue may have compromised your project.
3) What insights related to variances between project activities, relevant standards and guidelines, and what is considered “best practice” are most significant for this evidence-based project?
4) Summarize your evaluation of the planning for and implementation of the intervention, noting opportunities for improvement with future projects.
Oermann, M. H., & Hays, J. C. (2016). Writing for publication in nursing (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
· Chapter 6, “Review and Evidence-Based Practice Articles”
Chapter 6 explains types of reviews and EBP articles that are useful to nurses when exploring the literature on clinical issues. This chapter also provides recommendations for preparing articles for disseminating EBP research findings.
In addition to Chapter 6, select and read the chapter that best supports your scholarly product dissemination plan. Apply the information in these chapters and through additional research of your own as you begin the writing process for your DNP Project scholarly product for dissemination.
Note: For the scholarly product, you should be able to select a journal or other format and write a letter of inquiry. You also should be able to work on the Literature Review section of your scholarly product. The information on pages 142-143 in the course text may be particularly useful for developing that section.
· Chapter 5, “Writing Research Articles”
This chapter provides general principles for writing research papers.
· Chapter 8, “Clinical Practice Articles”
Chapter 8 revolves around strategies for writing articles about clinical practice.
· Chapter 9, “Other Types of Writing”
In this chapter, the authors review strategies for writing a variety of articles, letters, reviews, and case studies.
· Chapter 10, “Books and Book Chapters”
This chapter provides considerations and guidelines for writing books and book chapters.
· Chapter 11, “Writing Process”
Chapter 11 describes the various steps of the writing process, including asking preliminary questions, the drafting phase, and revising a manuscript.
Brown, C. E., Ecoff, L., Kim, S. C., Wickline, M. A., Rose, B., Klimpel, K., & Glaser, D. (2010). Multi-institutional study of barriers to research utilisation and evidence-based practice among hospital nurses. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 19(13–14), 1944–1951.
This article details a study that explored the relationship between perceived barriers to research use and the implementation of evidence-based practice among hospital nurses.
Chang, H. C, Russell, C., & Jones, M. K. (2010). Implementing evidence-based practice in Taiwanese nursing homes: Attitudes and perceived barriers and facilitators. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 36(1), 41–48.
The authors of this article describe a study that investigated attitudes and perceived barriers and facilitators toward research utilization among registered nurses.
Doran, D., Haynes, R., Kushniruk, A., Straus, S., Grimshaw, J., Hall, L., … Jedras, D. (2010). Supporting evidence-based practice for nurses through information technologies. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 7(1), 4–15.
This article describes a study that sought to evaluate the usability of mobile information terminals to improve access to nursing information resources. The study also explored the relationship between PDA or tablet-supported information resources and outcomes.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012d). Factors affecting implementation of an evidence-based practice project. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 5 minutes.
Dr. Kris Mauk explores barriers to implementing change and discusses strategies for addressing those barriers.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post evaluate considerations that may promote or impede successful implementation of your DNP Project or another evidence-based project. appeared first on Health Term Papers.