Discussion – Week 6COLLAPSE
Purpose and Strategies for Creative Writing
Different writers approach their stories with different reasons for telling them, from entertainment to education to motivation. One thing they all have in common, however, is the consideration of the audience they wish to influence. As part of your Final Project for this course, you developed your own short story, revised it, and prepared it for publication. Depending upon your purpose for telling your story to your intended audience, some strategies may have worked well for you while others may not have. In this Discussion, you will share some of the writing strategies that you used during this process and explain why these strategies were effective.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Please see your Instructor’s class Announcement, describing how to use the required resource:
- Website: The Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP) http://www.awpwriter.org/.
Consider the strategies discussed in the assigned readings.
- Which strategies would be most useful when writing a short story and why?
- Which strategies would be most challenging and why?
- Reflect on the strategies you used when writing your short story.
- How did your reasons for writing your story impact your choice of strategies?
- Which of the strategies discussed in the reading do you believe you need to work on to improve your writing skills and why?
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 2 to 3 paragraphs recommending two strategies for the successful creation of a short story. Be sure to include the following:
- Identify the two strategies and explain why you chose them.
- Explain how these strategies will help a writer with their creative writing skills.
- Support your answer by citing at least two examples from your readings.
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the week’s Learning Resources, or something you have read, heard, seen, or experienced.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond by Day 5 to at least one of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:&νβσπ;&νβσπ;
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting.
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
Creative Writing was first posted on March 13, 2020 at 4:39 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Researcher". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com