Assignment 2: Scenario Analysis
You are a member of the training division at your law enforcement agency. The Sergeant of the unit has asked that you create an informative voice-over PowerPoint presentation that explains the normative and applied prevailing criminal justice models of ethical reasoning. This PowerPoint presentation will be played at all roll calls and shift briefing training(s) for your department. The instruction set delivered to you indicates that (at a minimum) the PowerPoint should address the history, tenets, and applications of each of the theories. The presentation will assume the normative judgment model, which emphasized the three moral judgment imperatives (the human act, free will, effect upon others). This presentation requires that an embedded audio recording be included with the presentation, which serves to explain the slides that are presented. A suggested outline for the slideshow is listed below.
- Title slide (required)
- The Ethics of Virtue (title slide)
- History of the Ethics of Virtue
- Tenets of the Ethics of Virtue
- Provide a criminal justice based, ‘real world’ example of the ethics of virtue
- Ethical Formalism (Deontological Ethics) (title slide)
- History of Ethical Formalism
- Model of Ethical Formalism
- Provide a criminal justice based, ‘real world’ application of Deontological ethics
- Consequentialism (Teleological Ethics) (title slide)
- History of Consequentialism
- Model of Consequentialism
- Provide a criminal justice based, ‘real world’ example of Utilitarianism
- Ethics of Care (Restorative Justice)
- History of the Ethics of Care
- Tenets of the Ethics of Care
- Provide a criminal justice based “real world” example of the Ethics of Care
- Where does the concept of Noble Cause corruption fits within the ethical models?
- References Slide (required)
- Use the slide notes section in the presentation to include information that follows your narration, being sure to follow the conventions of Standard English.
- Slide content should include brief points that identify the areas that will be addressed in the narration.
- In-text citations should be included with any brief points that were researched from outside sources and the narration should fully explain the points
- Cite all sources on a separate reference slide at the end of the PowerPoint and reference each source in the body of the presentation using APA format.
- Identify the source of any pictures you use, being sure to cite them correctly in APA style using in-text citations.
- Maintain a persuasive tone by summarizing observations and evaluations for each slide.
- Ensure that your presentation is highly ordered, logical, and unified.
- Words should be clearly enunciated and professional tone should be sustained throughout the presentation narration.
- Audio recording should be free of background noise and interruptions.
For additional help with APA, visit the University Writing Center.
For assistance with embedding the audio into your PowerPoint presentation, please make use of this tutorial.
The post Applied Criminal Justice Ethics Powerpoint appeared first on MBA Nursing Papers.