This is a Collaborative Learning Community assignment.
In your CLC forum, review the different reevaluation requirements under IDEA. Discuss the different types of reevaluations and associated process steps.
Design a 10-15 slide digital presentation appropriate for a school-wide professional development opportunity on the topic of reevaluations. Be sure to include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Within your presentation address the following:
- Triennial evaluations: Required consent, participants, and scope of the evaluation.
- Reevaluations: Who may request, reasons for the request, participants, scope, and purposes of the reevaluation.
- Clarification on frequently asked questions, such as: Are parents required to state a reason before requesting a reevaluation of their child? If a parent requests a reevaluation and the school thinks that a reevaluation is not needed, may the school refuse to conduct the reevaluation of the child? Can the parent disagree and refuse the school’s request to reevaluate the child?
- Terminating a student’s eligibility, including the processes and steps regarding determining that a student is no longer a student with a disability.
- Clarification on the two exceptions to IDEA regarding required evaluations before a school may determine that the child is no longer “a child with a disability.”
Support your presentation with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic
writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.