Compose a 1500 words assignment on space analysis of sulzer-areal in winterthur, switzerland. Needs to be plagiarism free! The old industrial area of Sulzer-Areal (Fig 1) is located in the center of Winterthur, Switzerland. In the year 1834, it was first built by the Sulzer brothers, and the area is spread over twenty hectares till Zurich road and railway. The industrial area reflects the golden days of mechanical engineering in Switzerland.In 1980, a law was passed to expel the heavy industries out of the main city area of Winterthur and from then on, lots of suggestion has been proposed for Sulzer-Areal. The place was much into a state of transition from 1990 and in 1992, the idea of complete demolition of the area was rejected. The owner of the space, Sulzer Immobilien AG group, proposed a very high-budget and international project called the ‘Megalou’ for the complete restructuring of Sulzer-Areal (King, 2011). But due to the recession, the entire project lost its luster and was left with no tenants and investors. The situation demanded a rethinking, as the operation of the space was not possible because of the huge investment required. So, it was decided to make some superficial changes to the existing buildings and convert them into a public space that will help to rebuild the area in the future.The industrial buildings were slowly transformed into districts. Now the area is a mix of educational institutes, residential complexes, workplaces, and leisure. Thus, the area now has a whole new and exciting charm as a public space (King, 2011).Scholars highlight that public space gives them the freedom to the common public to come and leave without many hindrances and can be assessed more than any other space (Wood, & Landry, 2008). . On the contrary, private properties or space are those which are very personal to the owner and have restricted access by the general public and cannot be used or visited without proper permission from the proper authority (Oren, 2012).Sulzer-Areal represents such a space that was once owned by the Sulzer brothers and was meant for iron and steel manufacturing and was a completely restricted and prohibited area for the public.