ORGL 4361 – Capstone II
Final Research Proposal Information (Artifact)The student will provide a combination of research and theory to develop an individual final research project which examines an organization’s issue. The organization can be either the place the student currently works or an organization that grants the student permission to conduct research.
The student will identify the issue(s) and provide recommendations to resolve the issue(s) that will also incorporate one of the founding theorists as part of the solution.
This project (Artifact) is completed in an individual setting, synthesizing information from the rest of the program. Students learn significant skills in research and writing, synthesis, application, and demonstrate skills in applying theoretical constructs to concrete applications. Your research paper should include:
1.Title Page2. Introduction – In this section of the paper, the student will identify three of the five foundational theorists, the organization to be researched, and how an issue(s) will be identified, and provide recommendation(s).
3.Review of literature.
- Discuss the history of the three foundational theories you selected to review.
- Discuss the current research of the three foundational theories and how they are being used in today’s organizations and provide examples.
- Describe the organization in detail such as when was it established, employees, industry, etc.
- Identify and discuss the primary foundational theory you selected to solve the issue(s). You can also utilize other supporting leadership theories if needed.
- Find a minimum of 6 sources which must be peer-reviewed journal articles.
4.Recommendationsa. Discuss the recommendation(s) to solve the issue(s) you have identified in the organization.
- Discuss how the recommendations will improve the organization overall should they be implemented.
5.Conclusiona.Please include information that you have learned and what you will take away from the research you found.
- How will you use your new leadership skills as a future leader when encountering an issue in your organization?
KEY THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN WRITING YOUR PAPER
Check grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc. Be careful when paraphrasing to keep the content and accuracy of your source.
Use quotes sparingly throughout your paper. The entire project should not be more direct quotes than your own wording
Make sure to keep your own voice when writing this paper
Use supporting evidence when necessary
Uniformity on footers, headers, etc is a must
Organize your paper
Make sure to cite all sources
ORGL 4361 – Capstone II
Paper should be no less than 6 pages (excluding title page, abstract and references
page = a total minimum of 9 pages) however, with the amount of information you will to include, you will most likely have more than 9 pages
Papers should be double spaced, Times New Roman, size 12 font, 1” margins.
All papers need to be submitted using Microsoft Office Word
Papers should be written using APA format. If you are not sure on how to properly format, research it. Use the APA Manual for more specific details.
PLAIGIARISM IS TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY IN THIS COURSE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ACADEMIC HONESTY AND INTEGRITY ARE UPHELD WHEN WRITING YOUR PAPER.
Please, if you are unsure about any portion of your project, contact me or visit the Center for Learning Excellence and use any other resources to perfect your projects. There are many tools and resources available for you so please make sure to use them all to your benefit.